Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sunday June 4, 2005 ā€“ Iceberg Dead Ahead!

Without a car, Cyprus weekends are pretty humdrum. As nothing is open, your options for entertainment include going: to the beach, to get coffee, to the movies, nowhere trying to find something on Greek TV. This past weekend we accomplished all four potential weekend activities. We lounged the mornings away reading and watching TV, went to the beach for coffee in the afternoon, and we went to our favorite theater of all time. Iā€™d been eying this floating iceberg fun park for the past few weeks and was able to sweet talk my way into fifteen minutes of fun before closing time. I was well above the median age of ten (physically at least), but had a wonderful time entertaining myself.


Not to poke fun by any means of Cyprus fashion, but these extra tight speedo boxer briefs and fanny pack are quite the style on the beach here. Maybe I need this beach getup to fully integrate into Cypriot society?

Ever wonder what happens when you leave a glass bottle of water in the freezer overnight? I woke up to it on Saturday morning (the shelf isn't normally like that). The frozen shard oā€™ glass ice sheet accident waiting to happen is still in there ā€“ not quite sure how to deal with it without defrosting the entire fridge.


3 Comments:

At June 28, 2006 10:25 AM, Blogger P & C said...

I've managed to refrain from a "leave nothing to the imagination" speedo/fanny pack combo. However, I did see a retro one piece red and white striped bathing suit at a store, which I thought would be perfect for a day out at Coney Island.

Similar to this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:
Freudenberg-LouisJulius_05.jpg

 
At June 28, 2006 5:23 PM, Blogger J. Riley said...

You know, I've been keen on the speedo the last few years, it fits my preferred clothing genre. One of these days I'll buy one and wear it to a Euro-bath house or spa. You have to admit that it would be nice to have a speedo when you're diving with a wet suit...

 
At June 29, 2006 12:00 AM, Blogger P & C said...

"Euro-bath house or spa" - how about to a 92nd Street Y yoga session? A Speedo really is ideal for scuba...my bunched up swim trunks make my hips and butt look big j/k.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home